Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Never Bet on Black. (or white or gold - I guess)

I stole this picture. Don't ask me where I stole it from. Sorry theft victim.


There was a hockey pool that was started between some colleagues of mine when the play-offs started back at Christmas time or whenever that was. The bet was whoever's team stays in the playoffs the longest, wins. I wasn't there when people selected their teams so I got shafted in the picks. Dan picked Montreal (I was going to pick them), VT picked Pittsburgh (no, I actually really was going to pick THEM) and KB picked San Jose (I maybe would have considered them as a 3rd choice). So I was left with basically no one to pick from. I mean, I could have gone with Philly but I wasn't feeling it so I picked Calgary because I know NOTHING about them so I can't hate them. (turns out that my pick was 'unofficial' and I never had to pay out.....suckers!)


VT's successful pick based on nothing but young Sidney's good looks earned her 40 bones....and then she blew it!! Against my advice she gets bullied by the others to go double or nothing against Detroit. She just called me and said, 'Uh, we're going to lose aren't we?'
WE?! She's losing, not me. She's not much of a hockey fan so when I told her that the Pens haven't even scored ONE LOUSY GOAL in the entire SCF, she sounded a little worried. Why did she press her luck against the machine made of swede parts that is the Red Wings?! Boyish good looks and muscular thighs do not beat man/borg machines that design stylish practical furniture during the off season.

On the up side, I guess Sid will be shaving that play-off 'beard' sooner rather than later. That beard is a crime against nature.

1 comment:

S.A.M. said...

yeah right on about the 'beard'. it's a creepy perv-mustache and it needs to GO!

We are totally blog buddies now! :)