Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer Holiday

Yet another stolen photograph. Nice work whoever you are.


If I don't have a stroke handing over the deposit, we're heading on vacay at the end of August. An entire week of sunning my buns on the beach. Of course deciding where to stay nearly caused me to have a break down. I've been pestering the real estate agent so much about so many properties that she has taken to writing back terse notes like, 'There is plenty of parking'. I can see her clenching her teeth as she types.

So I finally narrowed it down to two places. One 'Gull Cottage' is like a little doll house directly on the rocky shore. I imagine that salty sailor and he wife have lived there for many many years and that they have carefully decorated it with their collected treasures. She would wait for him to return from his fishing trips, standing on the jagged rocked and straining her eyes to see his boat the 'Anna Maria' on the horizon.

The second house 'Star of the Sea' looks like it was built by fraternity brothers in 1980. Lame leather sectional. Pool table. Slanty paneling. Jacuzzi.

The sole advantage of 'Star Search on the Sea' or whatever it is, is that it's closest to the frozen yogurt stand.
Late coming weekend people are going to have to sleep on the bean bag chairs. I'm calling dibs on the water bed.





No comments: